We know how self-love and skincare are essential to you. Nothing feels more energizing and relaxing than a weekend well-spent spent in a beauty spa where you indulge yourself in all forms of rituals: deep facials, body scrubs, foot scrubs, and anything that can beautify and purify your hair and skin.
The current state of the world has made everyone wary of close contact with strangers. Some spas and salons have resumed their services, but some are still not opening their doors. If you want to be on the safer side and do your beauty indulgence from the comfort of your home, read on.
Here’s how to give yourself love at home:
1. Indulge in a rejuvenating body scrub.
Body scrubs give your skin a healthy and refreshed glow, making you look radiant. Dirt and dead skin cells can make your skin look dull and lifeless. Clean and well-scrubbed skin will feel smoother and look more lustrous. Regular body scrub sessions remove dead skin cells to reveal younger, softer, and glowing skin underneath. It also helps remove blemishes and promotes hydrated skin.
There are many body scrubs available in the market. Each type has its purpose and benefits. For example, papaya body scrub helps reduce your skin’s production of melanin and protects your skin from dark spots and aging.
2. Give your face a relaxing steam facial.
One of the simplest ways to get clearer pores is to steam your face. Steaming helps to clean those pores for more glowing skin. For a home steaming treatment, fill a bowl with boiled water. Cool it for a while so that it won’t burn your skin. To make it more relaxing, add a few drops of essential oil. If you have acne-prone skin, a few drops of tea tree oil can help. If you have oily skin, you can add some lavender oil. Hold your face over the bowl and cover your head with a towel to keep the steam in your little tent.
3. Have a complete facial right at your home.
For a complete at-home facial experience, you can do the following things:
- Cleanse your face well with your favorite and trusted cleanser. Thorough cleaning removes dirt and makeup.
- Exfoliate your skin with a mild facial scrub.
- Give yourself a facial massage. You can use a facial roller or your hands. Make sure your hands are damp. Use a face massage cream and start massaging your forehead, temples, cheeks, chin, jawline, and neck. A facial massage can help promote blood circulation and helps tone your facial muscles.
- Steam your face.
- Give your face the nourishment it needs. A face mask can purify your skin while giving it the nutrients it needs. You can use a clay mask or those popular Korean face masks drenched in vitamin-enriched serum. Whatever your choice is, face masks are genuinely relaxing and can give you back your skin’s radiance. You can also create your own facial masks using ingredients from your kitchen, such as the mixture of oatmeal and avocado and banana and honey.
- Tone your skin. Toning helps close your pores to keep all those nutrients locked inside. It tightens the pores that were opened by steaming and will leave you with smoother skin.
- Do not forget to moisturize. Cleansing, as well as steaming your face, can dry your skin. You can also apply eye serum or cream.
4. Deep condition your tresses.
Your lovely hair is your crowning glory. Keep it healthy, smooth, soft, and tangle-free, even without going to the salon. You can try natural in-home treatments such as mashed avocado with egg. Apply the mixture on your wet hair. This mixture is rich in fatty acids and minerals that can bring life to your hair. Leave it on for twenty minutes, then rinse thoroughly. You can do this treatment once a week for severely damaged hair.
Of course, you can also buy deep-conditioning products from the pharmacy if you do not have time to create your home concoctions.
5. Show your feet some TLC.
Your feet also deserve your love and care. You can use over-the-counter foot scrubs and foot massage creams. Regular foot scrubs helps soften the skin in your feet and smoothen calluses. Your feet are one of the most overworked parts of your body, so show them some love, too.
Self-care should not be limited to salons and spas. Give your skin the special treatment it needs for a more glowing and radiant you.