Whether it is for a house-warming party, a gift for the boss or whatever it is your celebrating, you can never go wrong with a good bottle of wine. The real question is which type of wine should you give during these important occasions?
At first glance, this task might seem simple and easy. However, with all the selection you have, it wouldn’t be long until you find yourself confused on the number of choices you have. From red, white to rosé wines, there are virtually tons of them to choose from.
If you’re someone who’s not that well-informed about these drinks, picking something might be a little too complex for you. That’s why to guide you in shopping for the right set of wine to gift to someone, here’s what you need to know.
- Prosecco. This is one of the most popular types of sparkling and white wine, next to Champagne. It is of Italian origin and is made from Glera grapes. It is characterized by fairly sweeter and lighter taste, which makes it among the most popular gifts.
In the UK alone, gifting someone with Prosecco is often associated with celebratory and lively events such as anniversaries, birthdays, and life’s milestones.
- Champagne. Considered the most popular type of sparkling wine, it has long been associated with various occasions since the late 1700s. You’ll often catch a taste of it in most types of celebratory events, be it corporate or personal.
Back then, it is viewed as the drink of royalty. Today, it symbolizes celebrations of some of life’s most important events making it the perfect wine gift for almost any occasion.
- Cabernet Sauvignon. The most loved red wine of its variety, it’s not surprising why Cabernet Sauvignon is considered as the most widely recognized of its type. Due to its rich flavour and high concentration, it’s no wonder why people who fancy wine make it their drink of choice.
Its high tannin content makes it the perfect choice for food that is savoury in taste such a steak, stew, cheese, and the like.
- Malbec. Malbec is another popular variety of red wine. In terms of colour, it is darker than the Cabernet Sauvignon. It’s less fruity in taste and has medium to full-bodied taste.
With its rich and complex flavour, it makes the perfect gift to give during formal or intimate events such as meetings or private family get-together. It’s best to go with spicy, peppery and tangy dishes particularly meat dishes.
- Zinfandel. Along with white and red, this wine has another variety commonly known as the rosé wine. They can be easily distinguishable because they are pink. Among the rosé variety is the Zinfandel.
It is safe to say that it is the most popular of them. With its bold and fruity taste, it’s no wonder why many people associate it to lively and joyful celebrations.
May this list serve as your guide as you search for the best wine to give as a gift. You don’t necessarily have to be a sommelier to figure out which variety to choose and give. Knowing the basics will certainly save you from all the hassles of shopping for the right one so be sure you keep these selections in mind.