Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
graciegirl

lost iggie at san francisco airport

26 posts in this topic

Still not found. This is very sad.

Unfortunately this one has had two confirming reports of the dog being hit on the freeway, though there have been no confirmed remains yet. Jutta feels the stories are reputable.

Did airport staff really cut zipties and ignore a sign on the crate instructing not to take the dog out?

If so, I can't imagine the helpless fury this owner must feel. What a horrible loss.

Did airport staff really cut zipties and ignore a sign on the crate instructing not to take the dog out?

Yes

this is horrible and makes me so sad... one thing about having an iggie is that they can bolt and they tend not to go to anyone if they get loose. I love iggies so much , but it always amazes me when i am around my brother's lab that never bolts and goes up to people he does not know ...

part of the reason i could not get my gracie back is that she would not go to any of the people that saw her:( .

she would go right up to someone's house and then bolt....

It's still unknown what happened with Larry. I have been making phone calls to help out and nothing can be confirmed. I called the 2 Animal Control areas that would've retrieved Larry's body, had he been hit and killed and neither of them had any reports of him. It's possible that he might not have been killed and just injured and taken for help by one of the people who stopped near him on the road. And yes, an Air Canada person cut the zip ties when Larry's flight was delayed, thinking he would need to go for a walk. Please include Larry in your prayers, it would be wonderful to think that he might still be alive.

This is so sad. I'm hoping and praying that the reports were wrong and that Larry is still alive. His story has gotten national attention via the Yahoo homepage. Every time I opened the internet yesterday his picture was front and center. Hopefully the extra coverage will help bring him home.

The airline accidentally sent a very callous e-mail regarding the situation and that's what garnered the media attention. Shame on you airline executives.

Still praying Larry if found safe. I just cannot imagine with all the media attention that nobody has contacted media with sightings of this little man. It is like he just disappeared. Keeping positive thoughts and prayers.

Leila ,I read Peter Fitzpatrick's callous statement in numerous places. If Air Canada hopes to recoup their reputation at all, they'll fire this d-bag & apologize profusely.

I'm sick about it too. What a stupid, tragic, and preventable error. As a Canadian I'm embarrassed and disgusted and can only hope by some miracle Larry is found.

thoughts and prayers for this little guy safe return!

Still no resolution to Larry's being lost. I feel so bad for all concerned. A miracle would truly be nice right about now.

Praying here daily for Larry's safe return.

Still praying this little man finds his way home safe and soon. There are new and additional flyers being passed around at this time. Keep positive thoughts for Larry.

Just read on the Italian Greyhound Club of America Facebook page that Larry was hit by a car on 101, was taken to a Vet where he was euthanized due to his injuries. This is so sad! and it should of never happened! My thoughts and prayers are to Jutta Kulic and the Whites (who were to receive Larry) Rest in peace little one!

So many of us were holding out hope that Larry would be found alive. He is now with his human mom who passed away from cancer before this whole debacle began. Run free, sweet boy, you have so many people who love you and followed your story.

I read that the family who was to adopt Larry are picking up his brother Leo and adopting him. They are flying to pick him up and he'll accompany them in the cabin. Very sad story, but I'm glad to hear Leo will get a new home.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0