Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Magentamare

Cairo, lost IG in Sacramento/Folsom CA

25 posts in this topic

Cairo, a male IG has been lost from his family home In Folsom (near Sacramento) CA for 3 weeks. There have been what seem to be numerous sightings of him, sometimes with another IG. To quote his Facebook page:

"If anyone wants to go out SUNDAY (Today Jan. 13th) and hand out more fliers please direct message, post on the wall, or call the numbers above in the ABOUT section, so you can get fliers and a map of what grounds may need to be updated with fliers etc.

PLEASE if you have seen him, call his family ANYTIME day or night at 916.233.7437 or 916.538.8350.

Please keep positive thoughts and prayers sent out for Cairo, we just want him home and out of the cold."

Here's the Facebook link for more information: https://www.facebook.com/#!/FindCairotheIG?fref=ts

I hope they find this lost iggy. I wish i was there so i could hang up flyers and look for him.

I will keep Cairo in my prayers and keep positive thoughts for him. I sure hope they find him. Please keep us posted.

I'll definitely keep you updated. I don't know how he's making through these cold nights (it goes to freezing out near Sacto). Maybe someone has taken him in?

I hope someone has taken him in. I was looking at pictures of him on facebook and he is a sweetie. I feel for the owner.

I know, it always hurts my heart when an iggy goes missing. I'm praying too, that he's keeping safe and warm.

Mary I wanted to let you know my grandson loves Ginger. He always ask to see pictures of Marcello and Valention on my computer. He wants to see Marcello's baby pictures. Well today I had to go do the routine of showing him the pictures and then I came to Iggy Planet to this thread to see if any updates. He then see Gingers pictures and ask who that....I tell him Ginger so now all he says is see Ginger. Just wanted to let you know now along with Marcello's and Valentino's pics I now have to show him Ginger. Grandson is 2 1/2 LOL

That is so sweet! Tell him that Ginger wants to see a picture of him too!! Are you on Facebook? If so, "Ginjo" has her own page. What a precious grandson you have!

Mary I will tell Grayson my Grandson. I do have a Facebook account but never set anything up. It is just to go to my daughter and sons pages sometimes. Please let me know what Gingers is so I can show Grayson. I will post a pic of him with Marcello and Valentino when I take one. Grayson is a handful for sure and Valentino does not really like him. LOL Marcello on the other hand loves him.

Hi Cheryl, here's Ginger's page: https://www.facebook.com/GinjoTheItalianGreyhound?ref=hl It may ask you to sign in in order to see it. Give your iggies & grandkids hugs for me (& Ginger kisses too).

Mary, Love Ginger's facebook page. Showed Grayson all the pictures of Ginger and he loved them. Love the page !!!!! I will have to do one for Cello and Valentino.

Some sad news to report: Cairo's remains were found and identified. Run free at the Bridge sweet boy, no more being lost or cold for you.

Oh shame! Run free sweet kid. At least they have closure.

So sad, I was hoping He would be safe..

Oh I am so sorry! My sincere sympathies to his family.

Oh no! Poor little guy. Hearing about lost iggys always reminds me how careful I need to be with sandy.

I know, the news made me cry. A precious iggy is lost for 3+ weeks and you keep hoping for a good outcome, despite the odds. As reagan said, it's yet another reminder to keep our babies close & on leash.

Such sad news and not what we were all hoping for. I will give my guys an extra hug tonight and am thankful they are safe tonight. Such a beautiful little iggy he was. Bless him

Oh, I was hopeful too, as there had been reported sightings. My condolences to Cairo's owners.

This story hit me so hard. That was probably the worst sobbing cry fest I have had in months. My heart aches for his owners, his Mommy and Daddy. Such a beautiful sweet baby, who finally found his place with someone who could love him as much as he deserved and care for him well.

It just hurts my heart to think of him alone.

I can't imagine losing sandy either. Its so sad. These lost iggy stories always remind me how careful I need to be. Iggys are sweet and loving and perfect but you also have to remember just how fast they are when they want to be and how easy it is for them to get away from you.

Exactly. And since Chloe's demeanor is a lot like Cairo's was, very easily scared and intimidated, and honestly just very anxious and nervous, she would probably react the same way. That's probably why it affected me so badly. I can only hope they are taking it well.

I do enjoy her recounting his life on the facebook page. It's very sweet, but it's so hard not to cry. She should write a book.

Yes, I'm really enjoying reading Cairo's story as well. It's done with such compassion and understanding.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0