Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lisabetta

LOST IG

27 posts in this topic

CROSSPOSTING

Lost! #Plainfield #IL (Theodore & Great RDG.)Iggy - Spayed Female Italian Greyhound. Call 708-921-1274 Or 815-955-8616 Email: Eastsoccer25@Hotmail.Com If Seen Or Found. Friendly. 3 Yo, 10-15 Lbs. Tan & White. Microchipped,Wearing Collar. Will County, 60586. Missing 12-14-2012. Please Share! bs

Hope they are safe and are found. Know the agony right now as my granddaughters cat has not come home since Tuesday. Child is heartbroken. Good luck in finding these babies. Please keep us posted.

Sending good wishes to this lost iggy, and also to Cheryl's granddaughter's cat. I hope both are found safe and sound, and soon!

I cross-posted this one on FB as it might be more apt to catch someone local to that area. Cheryl I'm praying for your Grandaughter's kitty as well as this lost iggy to return home safely.

Thanks all...he is still missing and it is breaking my heart to watch her. I also miss Louie very much as he is such a sweet and loving cat. He adopted us 5 years ago ( he was a stray that just captured our hearts ) Thanks again. We have called every animal hospital in the area looking for him and gave a descripton, called delaware human society, spca, a cat organization that takes strays in, posted on facebook and I posted it on a national site for lost pets. I have driven every neighborhood in the area and we have checked the woods around our house. Still no Lou. He is Marcello's buddy and Vito looks for him all the time. We are thinking maybe someone took him in least I hope in my heart. If thats the worse that happened then it is a blessing and ok. Very sad. Thanks for the well wishes.

Thanks Mary for doing that.

In my experience, cats are much more likely to find their way home than dogs - but it may take a while. I've had 3 experiences like that over the years. When I was about 5 years old my family and I lived in Austria for a year. This meant we had to farm our various animals out to friends/family while we were gone. One cat disappeared shortly after being taken in by a friend on the other side of town. Several months after our return she showed up at our back door. Then there was Mona, who would regularly disappear for months at a time and then reappear - this was a cat who was born in my bedroom, not a stray we adopted. She was spayed, so she wasn't out raising kittens. But every once in awhile off she'd go and then turn up like nothing had happened. And my last cat disappeared when he was a kitten but eventually turned up 2 weeks later. In his case, he may have been taken because he totally disliked strangers after that. But my point is, don't give up hope on the cat. Of course, I hope the IG is found, too.

Libby Oliver

Many thanks for those hopeful words. I know cats will wander off but he was not one to do this. He would only go a few houses down and then come back. He acted more like a dog as he would sit and wait for my granddaughter everyday on the front step for her to get off the bus. He would also come running when he would see my car and come to greet me. I am holding out hope trust me. I know he is not out populating the world with kittens as he is neutered. Keeping hope he is a normal cat and comes home.

Funny thing as I was just talking to my daughter and she said as she was looking in the lost and found in our local paper Delaware News Journal ( no louie was not found or in there ) but there was a thank you in there from a person who wanted to thank all who helped look for her cat. She said the cat just showed up after 2 months of being missing. Very hopeful.

One family I babysit for had a cat go missing when they remodeled their kitchen. He just came back (2 years later!!!) like nothing had happened. I saw him last night and asked him where he had been but he wouldn't tell me :) I hope your cat comes home soon. And I also hope the iggy gets found. It does seem like cats r able to survive much easier on their own.

are there any updates on the lost iggy?

According to a posting on FB he has been found & is safely back with his family.

Cheryl, any sightings of your granddaughter's kitty? I'll keep him in my prayers for a safe return.

im so glad the iggy was found, hopefully cheryl's kitty comes home too. Thanks for the update

I thought the iggy was a she.

Tammy

Omg, i just realized that I was posting about the one at the Disneyland camping site in Orlando. That's the one that was found. I haven't heard anything about this girl in IL. Sorry for giving false hope.

So glad someone's Iggy was found. Hope this Iggy on this post is found soon. Thanks guys but no Louie has not come home as of yet. Still look for him every morning.

Is there a happy ending?

There is a happy ending for us here in Delaware. Louie the cat came home today. He looks good and it appears someone had found him and he was very well taken care of. His coat is so smooth and he has put on more weight then I would have liked. I am not complaining as someone took him in during our very cold weather. I now find myself feeling bad for this person as I know they must have bonded with him. He is such a sweet and loveable cat it is hard not to. My Granddaughter is not home as of yet as she is over her Dads and other Mom Moms but I can't wait till later tonight when she comes home and see her beloved Louie the cat. We have not called there to tell her as we want it to be a suprise. Thanks to all with those kept saying don't give up as a cat will always come home. Amazing how they know where they belong.

So glad Louie is home. I can relate to how you feel about the people who must have taken him in. We had a cat when I was growing up that apparently had a whole round of homes she'd go to every morning to get milk. We didn't know about this until we moved from that neighborhood and my parents went back for a Christmas party and an elderly couple mentioned how they had bought this cat a Christmas present but she stopped coming around (we moved on December 1). When they gave a description of the cat we knew it was our Fluffy (white Persian)! Then we discovered that Fluffy was doing the same thing in our new neighborhood, which wasn't nearly as easy since every house had to be on at least one acre and there were no sidewalks.

Anyway, try to get a picture of your granddaughter with Louie and post it.

Libby Oliver

What wonderful news. I'm so glad that Louie is home. You Granddaughter will be so surprised. Have you thought about having Louie microchipped? I just read today about a cat that was reunited with its family after 9 years thanks to its microchip.

Yay!!! I'm so happy he came back.

Cheryl, I am SO glad that your grandaughter's Louie came home ~ she will be thrilled! What a lovely New Year's present!

Cheryl, I am SO glad that your grandaughter's Louie came home ~ she will be thrilled! What a lovely New Year's present!

Lovely dragons Mary, but what's with the tombstone?

I'm so glad Louie is home.

P.S. Maybe the person who took him in will adopt a cat.

Lovely dragons Mary, but what's with the tombstone?

Hi Leila, one of my Christmas dragons died. That's what happens when they don't get enough clicks in time. Gladly all the rest grew up! It's an addictive game called "Dragcave" if you'd like to check it out. It was all the rage here several years ago until people lost interest. Hope you had great holidays!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0